About Me

My photo

I am a mystic madman, a wandering wildman, scholar of esoterica, dilettante sadhu, dready-headed hippie (only have a few jata on the back of my head right now, though more be forming of this third set of knotted hair), gentle yogi, fierce foe of falsity. I was a preacher, but I renounced that. I was married, but she renounced me. I was a grad student at one of the top universities in the world on my way to becoming a professor, but I realized they taught lies there too. I am protector of souls, lover of mountains, smoker of herb, fond of hot springs, oceans and lakes and rivers and rain and sunshine, devotee of Devi.

Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Friday, October 22, 2010

Sitting soaking in the "Hippie Pots" upstream from Glenwood Springs, CO. Chanted a bit, intoning Sanskrit mantras and incantations to dispell ills and shake off and rinse off da "road funk" that seems to be stickin to me like flies on honey. Got a ride from Frisco to Gypsum with a fella fishes in Alaska and outfits here in CO, then another ride with a couple of fellas run a salvage yard hereabouts, another hitchhiker jumped in as well. A rather scattered fellow who'd been nervously pacing back and forth between the liquor store and convenience store doors, spaced only a few yards apart, and in front of my venue on a bench for the latter part of my wait posting a sign: "Glenwood Springs." Went to bed last night to rain falling on my impromptu lean-to after a kind couple payed for my meal at the Village Inn, and awoke before sunrise to a bowl and to set out in search of these pools I've not visited for a number of years. So here I sit and soak in said healing hot mineral waters, still wandering the west with a briefcase worth more than its weight in gold and only $11 cash, not from a fossil sale but from a passerby unrequested. Indeed the road magic on this misadventure of a business trip has been mixed, though as life doth usually present itself, more a rainbow with varying degrees of tint and hue and brilliance than merely black and white.

No comments: