Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

An Encounter With An Angel: Jimi Hendrix, Gandharva, Bellingham, Washington

When I was first living in Bellingham, WA, not far from Jimi's hometown of Seattle, I was walking towards downtown, towards Stuart's coffeehouse, and a black man standing in the doorway of an apartment asked me if I wanted to smoke a joint. We stepped into his apartment, and the whole front room was filled with expensive sound equipment.  He told me he was a musician, a guitarist, and he played me a recording of his very psychedelic guitar playing as we smoked the J...

This man named Jimmy/Jimi told me he was the same age as Hendrix and that they were in fact born on the same day, gazing at me as if he were awaiting a response.  My random friend had short hair and no big afro, but was built very much like Jimi Hendrix and looked quite like him in the face . . .
Jimi asked me if I wanted to start a landscaping business. 

Never saw him again there in Bellingham during that first visit (1998-99) nor during later visits to that lovely city in the northwest corner of the contiguous United States of America.  I am actually rather inclined to believe it was really Jimi Hendrix I puffed with on that day in B'ham . . .

Am I saying Jimi Hendrix is (or at least was) alive years after his purported death ?!?!  Maybe . . . Else he is a Gandharva, a heavenly musician (Gandharvas and Apsaras are Heavenly Musicians and Divine Nymphs, i.e., "angels" according to the Western religions), and decided to pay me a visit...

All I know is, by my memory of that encounter, the fellow in B'ham was not unlikely really Jimi...

Namaste and Rock On !!!

No comments: