Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Tragic Dilapidation of the Empress/Fox





Upon returning to Laramie from quixotic questings, I spent a night in my bedroll down by the railroad tracks. I awoke in the morning to a bright red fox peaking over a pile of rubble less than ten feet from my bed. A made a slight sudden move which caused said fox to recoil just a tad, assuring me this beautiful creature was not ill, just curious. I chatted with this wild urban resident for a few, till he or she found something else more interesting to observe than a human sleeping outside.

After this encounter, I passed by the old Fox Theater, and decided to invest a little time in an endeavor I'd considered before I left town. I concluded that the fox awakening me in the morning was a sign, and that I should try to help manifest the restoration of this historic theater--something I had considered a few years previous. In my research, I discovered that the Fox was the Empress Theater first, and a grander venue than I had imagined.

Below are some slides I prepared in a PP presentation with hopes of influencing the restoration effort, and alas, it seems to little effect as the building is slated for demolition sometime soon, or so I hear. If I can figure out how to transfer the whole slide show I'll post it later.

WHAT WAS AND SHOULD BE (STILL MIGHT BE?) AGAIN . . .






No comments: