About Me

My photo

I am a mystic madman, a wandering wildman, scholar of esoterica, dilettante sadhu, dready-headed hippie (only have a few jata on the back of my head right now, though more be forming of this third set of knotted hair), gentle yogi, fierce foe of falsity. I was a preacher, but I renounced that. I was married, but she renounced me. I was a grad student at one of the top universities in the world on my way to becoming a professor, but I realized they taught lies there too. I am protector of souls, lover of mountains, smoker of herb, fond of hot springs, oceans and lakes and rivers and rain and sunshine, devotee of Devi.

Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Tragic Dilapidation of the Empress/Fox





Upon returning to Laramie from quixotic questings, I spent a night in my bedroll down by the railroad tracks. I awoke in the morning to a bright red fox peaking over a pile of rubble less than ten feet from my bed. A made a slight sudden move which caused said fox to recoil just a tad, assuring me this beautiful creature was not ill, just curious. I chatted with this wild urban resident for a few, till he or she found something else more interesting to observe than a human sleeping outside.

After this encounter, I passed by the old Fox Theater, and decided to invest a little time in an endeavor I'd considered before I left town. I concluded that the fox awakening me in the morning was a sign, and that I should try to help manifest the restoration of this historic theater--something I had considered a few years previous. In my research, I discovered that the Fox was the Empress Theater first, and a grander venue than I had imagined.

Below are some slides I prepared in a PP presentation with hopes of influencing the restoration effort, and alas, it seems to little effect as the building is slated for demolition sometime soon, or so I hear. If I can figure out how to transfer the whole slide show I'll post it later.

WHAT WAS AND SHOULD BE (STILL MIGHT BE?) AGAIN . . .






No comments: