About Me

My photo

I am a mystic madman, a wandering wildman, scholar of esoterica, dilettante sadhu, dready-headed hippie (only have a few jata on the back of my head right now, though more be forming of this third set of knotted hair), gentle yogi, fierce foe of falsity. I was a preacher, but I renounced that. I was married, but she renounced me. I was a grad student at one of the top universities in the world on my way to becoming a professor, but I realized they taught lies there too. I am protector of souls, lover of mountains, smoker of herb, fond of hot springs, oceans and lakes and rivers and rain and sunshine, devotee of Devi.

Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Monday, January 4, 2010

Kumari and Mary, Two Virgins Touted Divine



Compare the Nepalese Virgin Goddess, purported living Avatar of Durga, and generally important tantric Deity, Kumari, and the Christian and especially Catholic versions of the Virgin Mary, mother of Jeshua ben Joseph (aka "Jesus") . . .



and please do take the liberty to contemplate what the deeper story is, connects the high Himalayas and the Mediterannean's eastern shores . . .

(By the way, Kumari dates from at least the late Vedic period, more than a thousand years before 1 CE/AD).

No comments: