Hindu Gods and Goddesses

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Danced With A Hawk Today

Danced with a hawk this morning. White winged with brown fringes (from the view below), this great bird of prey soared above me and flew closer as I began to run around with my arms spread wide, calling in kind to the sweet and sorrowful seeming cries this bird issued from floating high above my absurd figure and form, dancing foolishly and free.


(video from another day's communiques with my fine feathered neighbors--both of the pair in this video)

Why don't regular people run around with their arms spread to at least figuratively fly with the birds in the sky? or perhaps I should say, why do they feel obliged to hide what's wild and free, pure and playful that abides within? Why hide that which is no shame?

Used to be I felt obliged to grow old, and rather too quickly, too. A pastor of a church by age twenty-one, a teacher to those over twice my age. Then somewhere along the way, in most serious contemplations, questionings and questings, I found that to be mature does not mean to cease to play, innocently and sometimes quite silly.

Certainly I had some assistance in finding this freedom--a simple liberty intrinsic if temporarily forgotten: respectful use of sacred mushrooms, marijuana, meditation (if not necessarily in that order), and to a lesser extent and with reservations to a degree, LSD, mescaline and DMT, as well as via encouragements, examples and reassurance offered by other crazy mystic hippie freaks on a like path to moksha, to a liberation not licentious, a freedom from the fetters of illusions found even whilst still living life, in fact so life might be truly lived and joyfully savoured as it was unequivocally meant to be.

S'pose what I'm saying is please, my friends, do spread your wings and fly with the great birds of the sky, soar to your potentials most beautiful and high, and not merely by standards of supposed propriety and sanity, but instead by those eternally true. Lovely lila!!!

No comments: